If your release has been rejected back to you for editing from our team because the title of your release and the one on your cover art don’t match, don’t panic, it’s easy to fix.
It’s one of the stores’ cover art guidelines that the release title and any title listed on the cover art have to match. Don’t ask us why, we don’t make the rules, we just follow ‘em.
Common reasons the titles don’t match are:
- Punctuation – every comma, full stop or exclamation mark needs to be exactly the same in both the release title metadata and on the cover art
- Slight differences - the cover art can’t have any slight tweaks to what you typed in for your Release Information, this includes any abbreviations
- Release type information – never put things like ‘demo’ or ‘single’ or any other type of recording or format on your cover art.
To fix this you can either:
- Update your cover art to match exactly what you entered into the Release Information section when creating your release. You’ll need to go for this option if you need to remove something like, ‘radio version’ or ‘EP’ to your cover art.
- Edit your release title in your Spinnup account to match what’s on the cover art.
After you’ve made one of the above edits you can resubmit your release and it will be reviewed by our team in 1-4 business days.