It’s important that every track on every release has all the correct songwriter and publishing info, and as musicians, we know how important being credited is. Here’s how to correctly add a publisher to your track’s songwriters.
If your release has been rejected back to you from our team because of publishing information, it may be because an artist’s publisher is unknown or hasn’t been found in our directory. When we say ‘artist’ that could be you or anyone else who collaborated on your track that you list as a songwriter.
To get your release approved and online please check the following:
- That you have input a registered publishing house
- That you haven’t entered the artist’s record label, artist name, music collective name or other in the ‘publisher’ field
- That the artist’s music is actually registered with the publishing house listed
- That Universal Music has not been listed as the publisher, unless the artist is published by Universal Music Publishing Group
- That Spinnup is not listed as the publisher
If you’ve checked all the above and the information is correct, then resubmit your release for our team to review. You can edit or amend the publishing and songwriter information in the ‘Songwriter information’ section of the release flow. If yourself, or any contributing songwriters don’t have a publisher, you just click the ‘No’ option in the ‘Publisher’ part of the ‘Songwriter information’ section before resubmitting your release.