To avoid any chance of a copyright claim – trust us, that’s not fun for anyone – or legal complications, you will need to provide a licence to our legal team for certain types of releases.
How to release a cover song, remix, sample or beat
- When you set up your release, you need to declare whether your release is a remix, cover, or contains a beat or sample
- Based on your selection our team will send you an email with instructions on what you need to send to us
- We can only distribute an artist’s music once we have the necessary documentation. This goes even if you’ve set a release date, so make sure to keep an eye on your inbox and reply to our team as soon as you can!
- You will need to fill out this form with your details and send through the correct documentation
- Once our team have reviewed and approved your documentation, we will be able to continue the distribution process. This usually takes 2-5 business days, and we appreciate your patience.
For more information on how to distribute a cover song or remix to stores, or what it means to distribute a track with a sample or beat, check out our articles on covers, remixes & samples.