No, your music is copyrighted the moment you create it but for extra protection you may wish to register your songs for copyright before they are released. This can be done with numerous websites on the internet for a fee. You will need to find a legitimate website that offers this service, upload your songs, enter your details and pay a fee. Please bear in mind that registering for copyright protection is not the same as registering your recordings or songs with a collective rights society.
Covers, Remixes & Samples
- How do I provide a license or legal documentation?
- Do I need to register copyright for my music before distributing it?
- Do I need to own the copyright to the recording I want to sell?
- What do I need to release a cover version?
- What is a mechanical license and how do I get it?
- Can I upload music with samples in it?
- What do I need to release music with samples?
- How do I ask for permission to use, amend or release another artist's original music?
- What do I need to release a remix?
- What do I need to create a release using beats?