Yes! It’s essential you have all the rights in the recording(s) you want to sell. If not, you must have permission from the person that does have these rights. This one is really important so if you are in any doubt get in touch with the Spinnup Support team and we will talk through it with you.
Articles in this section
- What is a Performing Rights Organisation?
- What is a Copyright Collection Society and why should I join one?
- How do I ask for permission to use copyrights or trademarked content in my release's artwork?
- How do I ask for permission to use, amend or release another artist's original music?
- Do I need to own the copyright to the recording I want to sell?
- Do I need to register copyright for my music before distributing it?