Yes! It’s essential you have all the rights in the recording(s) you want to sell. If not, you must have permission from the person that does have these rights.
Covers, Remixes & Samples
- How do I provide a license or legal documentation?
- Do I need to register copyright for my music before distributing it?
- Do I need to own the copyright to the recording I want to sell?
- What do I need to release a cover version?
- What is a mechanical license and how do I get it?
- Can I upload music with samples in it?
- What do I need to release music with samples?
- How do I ask for permission to use, amend or release another artist's original music?
- What do I need to release a remix?
- What do I need to create a release using beats?