When you sign up to Spinnup not only do you get a year of unlimited music distribution, but you also get instant access to one of our key promotional tools, your own artist profile/website, completely free.
What’s the benefit of Spinnup’s Artist Site?
There are many great website providers out there like Wix and Squarespace, but our Artist Site tool will help you create a website for free, and one designed specifically to cater for musicians, see below for an example from Spinnup artist Deza.
As well as being a great way to build your presence online, the Artist Site is a key way for Universal Music A&Rs to find out about you if they come across your music in our system.
Once you’ve created your Spinnup Artist Site, make sure you claim your artist profile on Spotify and the other stores, if you haven’t already. We have all the info you need on editing your profile on Spotify For Artists and how to get verified on Spotify.
What can I do on my Artist Site?
You can find your Artist Site under the My Site tab of your artist account, and here you cancompletely customise your single scroll website. With your Artist Site you can:
- Choose your own unique URL. It will always start with site.spinnup.com/ and you add your artist name after the / .
If your artist name is already taken think outside the box. One of our favourites is US artist Deza who uses the URL https://site.spinnup.com/thisisdeza/
- Stamp your brand on your site by adding your logo
- List your country and city to let people know where you’re from (or where you are now!)
- Customise the design with your choice of background colours and gradients to suit your style
- Choose the font and language the section labels will be displayed in
- Add links to your artist profile on stores like Spotify and Apple Music
- Signpost your releases – this is done automatically as soon as your Spinnup releases are live you can choose releases to be embedded on your site in a music player
- Add all your social media links so people can find you online
- Embed your YouTube videos. If you need to build up your catalogue, check out our tips for creating music videos on a budget
- Upload a gallery of images and really showcase your artist style. If you need some help here, we’ve got a guide on artist photography from a professional music photographer
- Add in your upcoming (or past) tour dates to let people know where you’re playing
- Finally, paste in your artist bio – we’ve got some tips on writing your bio on the blog.
Once you’ve completed all the sections – or all the sections you want – you can publish and share your Spinnup Artist Site with three options – Private, so that only you can view, Public, so that anyone with the link can view, or Universal Music only, which means only UMG staff will be able to view the site.