You can make a release on Spinnup in ten easy steps. Creating a release in your artist account takes you through the process step by step, which is outlined below.
Before you begin make sure your music files are in the right format, and convert them if necessary. You also need your amazing artwork ready! We require image files to be a specific size and file type, and there are certain things artwork is not allowed to contain.
Okay now you’ve got your parts ready, let’s get started!
1. Login to your artist account and hit Create Release in the bottom left of the screen.
2. Choose your release product - either a single, EP or album
3. On the next screen drag and drop your audio files into the box, or click to select files to find them on your computer
4. Once each track uploads you will be able to enter the track information. Please type the release title, select the genre and add any featured artists on the track. Don’t forget to check the ‘Explicit lyrics’ box if you’re using any naughty words!
5. Repeat this for all other tracks if there are multiple, and click on the (i) next to each field if you need more information or assistance
6. Next, in Release Settings, enter your artist name, select the genre of the release and the primary language. There are some guidelines to follow as to how you must display your titles and artist name.
7. Underneath here choose your release date, which can be either ASAP or a select a specific date at least 10 days in the future. For more information on release times, click here. You can also choose which countries your release will go live in.
8. On the next screen drag and drop your artwork into the box, or search for it on your computer. A box will appear making sure your artwork meets all the guidelines - make sure to read it or there’s a chance your release could get rejected the first time!
9. Review ALL the details of your release, making sure everything is written and spelled correctly, that all featured artists have been credited, and that your release date is right.
10. Next you enter your payment information, and voila - we’re done! You will receive an order receipt from us and in a few days your release will be approved and sent to stores.